- Try something new to change up your routine. That can be anything from grinding your beans rather than buying ground coffee or mixing the beans to make your own grind. Try a new machine. Just find something different to change your coffee routine.
- Watch your caffeine intake. An 8 oz. cup of coffee has anywhere from 104-192 mg caffeine. Up to 300 mg/day is considered safe.
- Clean your machine. If you don’t opt to get a new machine, clean your current machine. Most come with instructions. You can just let the pot itself soak with a little dishwasher detergent and that will loosen any burned on coffee – then clean with a soft brush.
- Treat yourself to a new mug. If you are a sipper, you may like a desktop insulated mug that will keep your coffee warm longer.
- Choose to support smaller companies. Try some organic, shade-grown, bird-friendly or fair-trade coffees.
Jody wishes you a happy and coffee-filled New Year!