These crunchy toffee muffins are good with coffee in the morning, for a break or anytime….
Crunchy Toffee Muffins
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
3 1.4-ounce bars chocolate-covered English toffee , finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease ten 2 1/2 -inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
3. In another medium bowl, combine egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla. Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold two-thirds of the chopped toffee into batter.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining chopped toffee.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm and enjoy. Makes 10 muffins.