Love hazelnut coffee? Create the same latte flavor in a delicious and easy chocolate cookie…
Choco-Hazelnut Latte Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
3 tbsp instant coffee granules or crystals
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 tbsp hazelnut-flavored syrup for beverages (from 12.7-oz bottle)
1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, chopped*
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup chocolate frosting (from 1-lb container)
4 1/2 tsp hazelnut-flavored syrup for beverages (from 12.7-oz bottle)
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and instant coffee. Add butter, 3 tbsp syrup and the egg; stir until soft dough forms. Stir in 1 cup of the nuts and the chocolate chips.
2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with rounded 1 1/2 tbsp-size cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart. Press each mound to flatten slightly.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, stir frosting and 4 1/2 tsp syrup. Spread abut 1 tsp frosting on each cookie. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
* To toast hazelnuts, heat oven to 350 F. Spread nuts in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.