For an easy treat that will “WOW” your friends and family, try this…
Cappuccino-Caramel Oat Bars
3 cups rolled oats
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee powder or instant espresso powder
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Coffee Glaze (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl stir together oats, flour, the 1 cup pecans, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, 1 tbsp coffee powder, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the oat mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining mixture with a wooden spoon. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture for the topping.
3. Using floured hands, press remaining oat mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Spread caramel topping evenly over crust to within 1/4 inch of edges. Drop spoonfuls of reserved topping mixture over caramel topping; sprinkle with the 1/2 cup pecans.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until edges are set (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, drizzle with Coffee Glaze. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.
5. Coffee Glaze: In a small bowl combine 2 tbsp. very hot milk and 1 tsp instant coffee powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in 1 cup sifted powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over bars in pan. Let stand 15 minutes to set glaze.
6. To Store: Cover pan tightly and stoe at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.