What could be sweeter than coffee shop flavors wrapped up in little bite-sized nuggets…
Cappuccino Pecan Nuggets
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp instant espresso coffee (dry)
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
12 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), chopped
12 vanilla or chocolate caramels
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp whipping (heavy) cream
72 large pecan halves (1 1/2 cups)
10 to 12 ounces milk or semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
3 Tbsp shortening
Instant espresso coffee (dry)
1. line square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil, leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; spray with cooking spray.
2. Heat brown sugar, 1 tbsp coffee and the milk to boiling in 2-quart saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in candy coating until melted. Pour into pan. Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until firm. Remove mixture from pan, using foil edges to lift. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
3. Heat caramels, chocolate chips and whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is melted and smooth. Refrigerate uncovered about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until mixture holds its shape and is cool enough to handle.
4. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. For each nugget, roll 1/2 teaspoon caramel-chocolate mixture into ball; press between 2 pecan halves and flatten slightly. Shape 1 square coffee mixture evenly around pecan cluster; roll between hands to form ball. Place on cookie sheet. Refirgerate about 15 minutes or until firm.
5. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Melt baking chocolate and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, sitrring contatntly. Dip 1 nugget at a time into chocolate mixture. Place on cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle coffee over some of the nuggets. Drizzle remaining melted chocolate over some of the nuggets if desired. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or just until set. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!