Fall is the time to try a new recipe with pumpkin – and this one is so easy!
PUMPKIN PIE CAKE
Makes 12 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 1 hour
1 29-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 package 2-layer-size yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Add eggs. Beat lightly until mixture is just combined.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until edges are firm and center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack and store in the refrigerator.