For a wonderful picnic-portable treat, try these…..
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp instant expresoo coffee powder
1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
2 Tsp milk
2 Tsp instant espresso coffee powder
1 cup powdered sugar
Frosting and Garnish
1 Tsp instant espresso coffee powder
1 container (12 oz) whippped milk chocolate frosting
Chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal pans (or 325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Gently stir in 1 tablespoon espresso powder just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In meduim bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, milk, 2 teaspoons espresso powder and the powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Spoon mixture into decorating bag fitted with 1/4-inch (#9) writing tip.
5. To fill each cupcake, insert tip of bag into center of cooled cupcake; gently squeeze bag until cupcake expands slightly but does not burst (each cupcake should be filled with about 1 tablespoon filling).
6. Stir 1 teaspoon espresso powder into the frosting. Spoon frosting mixture into decorating bag fitted with 3/4-inch (#824) star tip. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Garnish with espresso beans. Store covered in refrigerator.