Here’s a great recipe for afternoon coffee or tea with your card club or friends……
2 Tbsp cappuccino-flavored instant coffee mix
1 Tbsp water
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate or white baking bar (white chocolate)
1 tsp shortening
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Dissolve coffee mix in water in medium bowl. Add butter and powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and nuts, using hands if necessary, until stiff dough forms.
2. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball. Pat each ball into 6-inch round, about 1/2 inch thick, on lightly floured surface. Cut each round into 16 wedges about 1/2 inch apart and with pointed ends toward center on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool comletely, about 30 minutes.
4. Place chocolate and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until mixture can be stirred smooth and is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cookies. Enjoy!
Here’s a pretty cookie to serve your guests with after dinner coffee………Enjoy!!
Chocolate-Espresso Ribbon Cookies
1 pouch sugar cookie mix
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp almond extract
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup coarsely to finely crushed chocolate-covered espresso coffee beans
1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
1. Line bottom and sides of 9×5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half: place half of dough in another bowl. Stir melted chocolate into half of dough. To remaining half of dough, mix in espresso beans and almonds.
2. Firmly press half of chocolate dough evenly in bottom of loaf pan. Evenly press half of espresso dough over chocolate dough in pan. Repeat with remaining chocolate dough and espresso dough. Fold plastic wrap over dough to cover. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
3. Heat overn to 350 F. Remove dough from pan; unwrap. Place dough on cutting board. Cut dough crosswirse into 4 equal pieces. Cut each piece crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Store in airtight container. Enjoy with milk or coffee