Her’s a new banana bread recipe I found – try it next time you want something sweet with your coffee…..
Chocolate Chip-Espresso Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 8×4-inch loaf pans with canola oil cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together bananas, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. In another medium bowl, stir together flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar on top. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brown and firm to the touch. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool completely befor slicing.
For even more chocolaty flavor , drizzle with melted chocolate across top before serving.
Next time you want a little treat, try this easy recipe for a true delight with your java.
Coffee Delight Cake-In-A-Mug
4 Tbsp plain flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp plain Instant Coffee
3 Tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
2 capfulls vanilla
3-4 Tbsp assorted (optional) add-ins: coconut flakes, chocolate chips, nuts, candy bits.
Add dry ingredients to a LARGE coffee mug and mix around with a fork. Add egg, mix thoroughly. Measure into your mug the milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
The last step is to fold in your choice of optional add-ins (all or some).
Place mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes (1000watts). Cake will rise above top of mug – it’s ok. Cool and eat!
Here’s a great mocha dessert for the whole family on Valentine’s Day or any day….
Chocolate & Mocha Sweethearts
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup Suisse Mocha Cafe flavored instant coffee, or any other flavor
6 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray.
Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and flavored instant coffee; stir until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely. Use foil handles to remove brownie from pan; cut into shapes with 1-1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. (Reserve scraps for snacking or another use.) Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package. Dip tops of b rownie hearts in chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Enjoy!
Here’s a great recipe for afternoon coffee or tea with your card club or friends……
2 Tbsp cappuccino-flavored instant coffee mix
1 Tbsp water
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate or white baking bar (white chocolate)
1 tsp shortening
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Dissolve coffee mix in water in medium bowl. Add butter and powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and nuts, using hands if necessary, until stiff dough forms.
2. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball. Pat each ball into 6-inch round, about 1/2 inch thick, on lightly floured surface. Cut each round into 16 wedges about 1/2 inch apart and with pointed ends toward center on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool comletely, about 30 minutes.
4. Place chocolate and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until mixture can be stirred smooth and is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cookies. Enjoy!
Try this scrumptious cake next time you want something sweet with your java….
Mocha Pudding Cake
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cups hot water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1. Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, the baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, applesauce, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
3. In a small bowl combine the hot water, brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and the coffee granules. Carefully pour water mixture over cake batter. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Spoon warm cake and pudding into dessert dishes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Makes 10 servings.