So which coffee drinks have the most caffeine? Lets start by saying a normal cup has around 80 mg caffeine. The FDA recommends no more than 400 mg of caffeine per day (4-5 cups).
So here is the list of most caffeinated coffee drinks:
Death Wish Coffee. This coffee uses robusta beans with 200% more caffeine. They have a money-back guarantee if it isn’t the strongest you’ve ever had. That’s 651 mg per 12 oz cup.
Starbucks Venti. This brewed cup contains 415 mg for 20 oz cup. (Size does matter.)
Dunkin’ Donuts large coffee with Turbo Shot. When you think you need more caffeine, you can get a Turbo Shot added. This will give you 395 mg for a 20 oz cup.
Shock Coffee Triple Latte. This comes in a can. There is also a mocha version. 231 mg for 8 oz.
Biggby Red Eye. This is brewed coffee with espresso. this combines normal drip coffee with espresso. 274 mg for 16 oz cup.
Peet’s Brewed Coffee. This medium roast contains 267 mg per 16 oz cup.
Panera Frozen Mocha. This frozen coffee drink has 267 mg for a 16 oz cup.
Starbuck Grand Caffe Americano. This is a mix of 3 full shots of expresso and water in a Grande size. 225 mg per 16 oz cup.
~ Jody Victor
Looking for something different? Jody‘s crew found a porter brewed with 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee made by the Kona Brewing Company.
They say Pipeline Porter is “smooth and dark with a distinctive roasty aroma and earthy complexity from its diverse blends of permium malted barley.” This is available through Fall and Winter.
They say it pairs well with hearty soups and stews, beef dishes.
This Sunday is National Coffee Day! That means there are some deals to be had!
Parade.com found 7 deals:
- Caribou Coffee: Print a coupon from their Facebook page for a free small coffee.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Download the Dunkin’ Donuts mobile app to get your free small hot or iced coffee (free for Apple and Android). Look for the freebee coupon under “offers”. They also have discounted coffee on Saturday and Sunday for home brewing.
- International Delight Creamer: Enter the contest on their Facebook page to win a free case of Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer. Everyone who enters will be emailed a coupon for a free bottle to be redeemed at your local market.
- Krispy Kreme: Your choice – a freebie or a dollar deal.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: If you order a baked item or bowl of Simply Oatmeal, you will get a free small maple latte from 10am to 2pm.
- Starbucks: Some locations celebrating the lauch of their Ethiopia coffee will receive free tastings of this new blend of coffee. If you purchase a 1-lb bag of it will receive an Ethiopian inspired cup while supplies last.
- Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop: When you place your order you will get a free coffee with the purchase of another if you say “Happy National Coffee Day.”
~ Jody Victor
Here are some tips from a Starbucks barista on how to save money at Starbucks.
They have some interesting finds. Such as order your iced-tea without water and you will get a stronger brew. They make it double-strength and then add water before they pour it for you.
Another tip is to order a press pot (French press brewed) if you plan on staying for a while or if you meet up with other people. You can even get a puppychino for your dog!
There will soon be another use for your K-Cup coffeemaker. SOUP! Campbell’s Soup company will be launching it’s Fresh Brewed Soup K-Cup packs in 2014.
HonestlyYUM has what looks like a most delicious spin on a root beer float. This float is made with Chai tea and homemade condensed milk ice cream. Check out this link to get the full recipe beautifully illustrated with color pictures of the process for making the Chai tea and ice cream.
~ Jody Victor