Wired Magazine has made a video called What’s Actually Inside an Average Cup of Coffee? They say 98% of it is water. Bet you don’t really like what the other 2% is!
Starting June 25, Starbucks will post calorie counts in beverages and pastries. Ouch!
Bad news if you are in a creative field: although caffeine “boosts energy and decreases fatigue…” if you are looking for creativity, you need to relax your brain.
Caffeine withdrawal is now listed as a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association.
See what coffee makers make the 2013 Top Rated.
Here’s a novel idea:
If you find yourself in Sydney, Australia, you can get a free coffee in the month of June from 9-11 am at the Metro St. James. There’s a little catch, though. You have to kiss. Not the barristas but you come in with the one you love and kiss. A real kiss – they can tell if it’s a fake.
Another news item:
If you are in Fitchburg, Wisconsin this Saturday, you can have “Coffee with a Cop.”
Green coffee beans are coffee beans before they are roasted. “They” are now claiming that green coffee beans, in their pure form don’t lse 90% of their fat-burning and anti-oxidant ingredient: Chlorogenic Acid.
What does this mean? Well, Jody, the green coffee bean extract is being formulated into pills and people are taking them to lose weight. There have only been several small studies but they are claiming this is helping.
They say it’s been shown to inhibit fat absorption and stimulate fat metabolism in the liver. They say it’s been found to inhibit release of glucose in the blood.
So does this work? It may for some not for others. If you want to see reviews from real people who tried it, check here at webmd.com.