Mocha Streusel Coffee Cake
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp instant coffee granules or crystals
4 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 container (8oz) plain yogurt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray angel food (tube cake) pan with cooking spray. In food processor bowl with metal blade, place brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour and the instant coffee. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until mixed. Add chocolate; pulse to finely chop. Add pecans; pulse to chop. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in 1 egg at a time until well blended. Add almond extract; mix well.
3. In small bowl, mix 2 3/4 cups flour, the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add half of four mixture to sugar-egg mixture; beat with electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Add yogurt; blend well. Add remaining flour mixture; mix well.
4. Spoon half of batter into pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half of streusel mixture. Top with remaining batter and remaining streusel mixture.
5. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan on cooling rack 1 hour. Remove cake from pan. Serve warm or cool.