Here’s a quick dessert that will Wow! your friends for the holidays…..
1/4 cup instant coffee granules or crystals
1/4 cup boiling water
1 box white cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container vanilla frosting
1/4 cup caramel topping
3 bars (1.4 oz each) chocolate-covered English toffee candy, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the oil, eggs and coffee mixture with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (batter will be lumpy). Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In medium bowl, mix frosting and caramel topping. Frost cake with frosting mixture. Sprinkle with toffee candy. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Enjoy with your favorite coffee!
Coffee and Cookie Brownies
1 16.5 to 18-oz pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 19.5 ox pkg milk chocolate brownie mix
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/3 cup coffee liqueur or cooled strong coffee
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press sugar cookie dough into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the eggs, brownie mix, cooking oil, and coffee liqueur until just combined. Spread batter over sugar cookie dough. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. To serve, cut into bars. Makes 24 brownies.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in flour and salt until combined.
2. Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown and surface is dry. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee pieces. Let cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.