For a delightful treat try this recipe with you after-dinner coffee….
Mocha Bread Pudding
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
2 tsp instant coffee granules
3 1/2 cups French bread cubes
1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Fat Free Milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional)
Frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
Fresh raspberries and/or mint leaves (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine granulated sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in small bowl. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Beat evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl until well blended; stir in sugar mixture. Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture. Place dish in 13×9-inch baking dish; fill 13×9-inch dish with warm water to 1-inch depth.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Garnish each serving with whipped topping, respberries and/or mint leaves.
Low-Fat Mocha Angel Cake
1 box white angel food cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold coffee
1 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
Chocolate candy sprinkles
1 envelope whipped topping mix (from 2.8-oz. package)
1/2 cup cold fat-free (skim) milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp unsweetened baking cocoa
1. Move oven rack to middle position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix, cold coffee and 1 tablespoon cocoa with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into two ungreased 9-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
2. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not underbake. Immediately place each loaf pan on its side on heatproof surface. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans.
3. Make topping mix as directed on package using milk and vanilla; add powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons cocoa for the last minute of beating.
4. Serve cake with topping. Sprinkle with additional candy sprinkles if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Frozen Mini Cinnamon Coffee Cheesecakes
12 Ginger Snaps, divided
2 Tbsp. Decaf Instant Coffee
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup ganulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 tub (8 oz.) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups thawed Lite Whipped Topping
1 cup fresh raspberries
Place 1 cookie in each of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
Dissolve coffee granules in water in large bowl. Add Granulated Sweetener, reduced-fat cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon; beat with whisk until well blended. Sir in whipped topping; spoon into muffin cups. Top with Berries.
Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove cheesecakes from freezer 10 min. before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in flour and salt until combined.
2. Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown and surface is dry. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee pieces. Let cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
Deep Dark Mocha Torte
Ingredients – Torte
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix – water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup rum or water
1 1/4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee granules
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 to 3 teaspoons milk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine)
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans with shortening (do not use cooking spray); lightly flour. Make and cool cakes as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch round pans.
2. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, stir granulated sugar, rum and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Cool completely.
3. In medium bowl, beat all filling ingredients on low speed just until blended, adding enough milk for spreading consistency; set aside.
4. In 1-quart saucepan, heat all ganache ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
5. Cut each cake layer horizontally to make 2 layers. (To cut, mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin knife.) Brush about 1 tablespoon of the rum mixture over cut side of each layer; let stand 1 minute to soak into cake. Fill each layer with about 2/3 cup filling. Spread ganache over side and top of torte. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.