If you’re looking for a delicious cookie that will make you think you’re in a coffee shop, try these…
Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints
2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder or granules
1 tbsp hot water
1 pouch (1 lb.1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tsp vanilla
18 caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped
2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp shortening
1. Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix, flour, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
5. In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.