For a dark chocolate treat with your next cup of java try this recipe…
Dark Chocolate Brownies With Frozen Coffee Cream
1 recipe Frozen Coffee Whipped Cream (recipe below)
7 ounces 99-percent-cocoa chocolate or unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Prepare Frozen Coffee Whipped Cream.* For brownies, lightly grease a 9x9x2 -inch baking pan; set pan aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl combine chocolate, butter, and water. Microwave uncovered on 100 percent power (high) for 2 to3 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring once or twice. Remove bowl from microwave oven. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, and cinnamon. Beat on low speed until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack about 30 minutes (or until brownies hold a cut edge). Cut into bars.
5. To assembel while brownie is still warm, place one bar on each plate. Top with a scoop of the Frozen Coffee Whipped Cream. Makes 20 to 25 brownies.
*Frozen Coffee Whipped Cream: Chill a medium mixing bwol and the beaters of an electric mixer. In the chilled bowl, beat 2/3 cup whipping cream, 4 tsp sugar, and 4 tsp cooled brewed espresso or 1/2 tsp vanilla with the chilled beaters on medium speed until soft peaks form. Cover and freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm.