Pumpkin bread recipe with a twist….
Fruited Pumpkin Loaf
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup apricot nectar
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 14-ounce package pumpkin quick bread mix
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Apricot Icing (optional)
Snipped dried apricots (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan or three 5-3/4x3x2-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk; whisk in the water, nectar, and oil. Using a wooden spoon, stir pumpkin quick bread mix into egg mixture until combined. Stir in pecans, the 1/2 cup apricots, and the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan(s); spread evenly. Bake 8x4x2-inch pan for 55 to 65 minutes or 5-3/4x3x2-inch pans for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center(s) comes out clean.
- Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on wire rack(s). Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- If desired, drizzle Apricot Icing over bread and sprinkle with addtional snipped apricots.
- Makes 1 large or 3 small loaves (16 to 18 servings).
- Apricot Icing: In a small bowl, stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar and snough apricot nectar (3 to 4 teaspoons) to reach drizzling consistency.